Jump to Main Content
- Moody, Catherine S., et al. Show all 12 Authors
- Hydrological processes 2018 v.32 no.4 pp. 550-561
- carbon; chemistry; ecology; hydraulic conductivity; peat; peatlands; rain; storms; streams; subsurface flow; summer; surface area; time series analysis; topography; water quality; water table; watersheds
- ... Perennial pools are common natural features of peatlands, and their hydrological functioning and turnover may be important for carbon fluxes, aquatic ecology, and downstream water quality. Peatland restoration methods such as ditch blocking result in many new pools. However, little is known about the hydrological function of either pool type. We monitored six natural and six artificial pools on a ...
- Moody, Catherine S., et al. Show all 10 Authors
- Aquatic sciences 2016 v.78 no.3 pp. 491-504
- rivers; mixing; autumn; peatlands; surveys; carbon cycle; particulate organic carbon; pH; seawater; watersheds; estuaries; United Kingdom
- ... Few studies have quantified the role of in-stream processes on net dissolved and particulate organic carbon (DOC and POC, respectively) export from peatland catchments, and those that have offer conflicting evidence. In this study, we evaluated evidence for active organic matter processing under field conditions, via a coordinated campaign across four UK catchments with peatland headwaters, target ...