Jump to Main Content
- Polinori, Paolo, et al. Show all 3 Authors
- Journal of cleaner production 2019 v.224 pp. 603-613
- boating; carbon dioxide; conservation areas; contingent valuation; ecotourism; education; environmental degradation; greenhouse gas emissions; issues and policy; lakes; land use; models; prices; questionnaires; regional parks; tourists; uncertainty; willingness to pay; Italy
- ... The relationship between tourism development and environmental degradation is one of the policy agenda for sustainable tourism. Tourism in protected areas is a complex phenomenon, which brings both positive and negative effects on the environment and local communities. The transition toward forms of sustainable mobility, such as electric boats, allows to reconcile tourist activities with preservat ...
- Polinori, Paolo, et al. Show all 2 Author
- Sustainability 2015 v.7 no.9 pp. 11909-11932
- biomass; meta-analysis; renewable electricity; solar energy; stakeholders; surveys; willingness to pay; wind; wind farms; wind power; windmills; Italy
- ... In dealing with renewable electricity (RE), individuals are involved both as end-consumers on the demand side and as stakeholders (citizens) in the local production process on the supply side. Empirical evidence shows that in many countries, consumers are willing to pay a significant amount to facilitate adoption of RE. By contrast, environmental externalities are often the cause of strong opposit ...