Jump to Main Content
- Marone, E., et al. Show all 6 Authors
- New forests 2019 v.50 no.2 pp. 345-360
- biodiversity; coppicing; cost benefit analysis; ecosystem services; education; forests; income; males; management systems; questionnaires; timber production; value added; willingness to pay; Mediterranean region
- ... Forest degradation is a severe threat to the provision of ecosystem services, such as timber production, biodiversity and hydrogeological protection. Forest abandonment is one of the main causes of forest degradation in Mediterranean areas where the low value-added of forest activities affects economic sustainability. This issue requires urgent restoration actions which must be supported by cost–b ...
- Marone, E., et al. Show all 3 Authors
- Water resources 2018 v.45 no.4 pp. 624-632
- agricultural products; asymmetry; case studies; economic impact; farm income; farmers; irrigation management; irrigation systems; issues and policy; markets; plant nurseries; prices; stakeholders; water conservation; willingness to pay
- ... In agriculture, water is a fundamental but increasingly scarce resource that requires careful use. The goal of fostering water-savings could be achieved with a regulation that imposes more efficient irrigation systems. This might represent the only policy option when water withdrawals cannot be controlled and when the operational context does not allow filling the information asymmetry between pol ...