Jump to Main Content
- Lesica, Peter
- Ecological applications 1992 v.2 no.4 pp. 411-421
- habitat conservation, etc ; Howellia aquatilis; aeration; aquatic plants; drawdown; extinction; germination; habitats; life history; mineral soils; organic soils; peat; photoperiod; planning; ponds; population size; rare species; regression analysis; risk; seed dispersal; seeds; spring; temperature; vigor; water quality; wetlands; Montana; Pacific States; Show all 28 Subjects
- ... Howellia aquatilis is an annual aquatic plant of ephemeral ponds. It is considered extirpated or endangered throughout its range in the United States Pacific Northwest. I studied populations in the Swan Valley of Montana to determine life history traits and ecological attributed in order to influence planning decisions on lands managed for multiple use. Germination trials demonstrated that seeds o ...
- Niering, William A.; Goodwin, Richard H.
- Ecology 1974 v.55 no.4 pp. 784-795
- habitat conservation, etc ; Gaylussacia baccata; Smilax; Vaccinium; arboreta; botanical composition; clones; forests; graminoids; hardwood; herbicides; landscaping; pastures; rights of way; shrublands; shrubs; tree growth; trees; wildlife habitats; Connecticut; Show all 20 Subjects
- ... Two decades of selective—use herbicide management on a demonstration right—of—way within the Connecticut Arboretum has resulted in a mosaic of relatively stable shrub communities and less stable herblands within the central hardwoods forest region. Areas of continuous dense shrub cover have resisted tree invasion for at least 15 yr. On abandoned pastureland shrub clones of Gaylussacia baccata, Smi ...