Jump to Main Content
- Pollastri, L., et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Journal of food quality 2003 v.26 no.2 pp. 149-164
- olives; cultivars; olive oil; enzymatic treatment; product authenticity; bioprocessing; food processing quality; qualitative analysis; quantitative analysis; sensory properties; principal component analysis
- ... The effects of three new enzyme processing aids, Cytolase 0, Maxoliva and Bioliva, were investigated during mechanical olive oil extraction experiments. Three major olive varieties, Dritta, Caroleo and Coratina were processed with a pressing system. Reference extractions, without using the enzyme preparations, were also carried out. All three enzyme formulations increased both yields and quality l ...
- Pollastri, L., et al. Show all 4 Authors
- International journal of food science & technology 2003 v.38 no.1 pp. 17-27
- tocopherols; volatile compounds; sensory evaluation; enzymes; olive oil; food processing; beta-carotene; acylglycerols; food composition; color; xanthophylls; chlorophyll; alcohols; phenolic compounds
- ... The composition of three virgin olive oil varieties (Caroleo, Coratina and Leccino) was investigated after extraction with a new enzyme processing aid called Bioliva. Comparisons with reference oils extracted without using the biological preparation were made. The oils extracted by enzymes showed the following features: (i) higher contents of total phenols, o-diphenols, major free and hydrolysable ...
- Pollastri, L., et al. Show all 7 Authors
- Journal of agricultural and food chemistry 2002 v.50 no.13 pp. 3775-3779
- olives; seeds; olive pulp; olive oil; triacylglycerols; diacylglycerols; long chain fatty acids; chemical composition; varieties; Italy
- ... The contents of triacylglycerols and diacylglycerols in three kinds of olive fruit oils (pulp, seed, and whole fruit) were determined. The fatty acid composition and the quality ratios 1,2-diacylglycerols/1,3-diacylglycerols and 1,2-diacylglycerols/total diacylglycerols were also assessed. Seven major Italian olive varieties were considered. Results of univariate statistical analyses indicated tha ...