Jump to Main Content
- Swedlund Peter J., et al. Show all 6 Authors
- Langmuir 2012 v.28 no.49 pp. 16890-16899
- X-ray photoelectron spectroscopy; energy; geometry; models; oligomerization; oxygen; polymerization; polymers; silicates; silicic acid; silicon; sorption; titanium dioxide
- ... Silicic acid (H₄SiO₄) is ubiquitous in natural aquatic systems. Applications of TiO₂ in these systems will be influenced by H₄SiO₄ sorption and oligomerization reactions on the TiO₂ surface, and this can affect many aspects of TiO₂ reactivity. The spatial arrangement of sorption sites on a metal oxide surface can promote specific lateral interactions, such as oligomerization, between sorbed specie ...
- Swedlund Peter J., et al. Show all 4 Authors
- Environmental Science & Technology 2014 v.48 no.5 pp. 2759-2765
- arsenic; equations; ferrihydrite; models; pH; sorption; spectral analysis
- ... Sorption by ferrihydrite is an important control on As(V) concentrations in many oxic aquatic systems. There are significant discrepancies in reported sorption constants (log(KAₛ)), which presents a problem for quantifying and understanding this important system. A review of reported ferrihydrite–As(V) sorption studies indicated a positive correlation between reaction time used in the experiments ...