Jump to Main Content
Did you mean to type: nawaz?
- Newaz, Md. Asif, et al. Show all 6 Authors
- Journal of environmental management 2019 v.231 pp. 419-428
- climate change; climatic factors; cluster analysis; drinking water; indigenous knowledge; interviews; lifestyle; livelihood; multivariate analysis; people; principal component analysis; quantitative analysis; questionnaires; risk; saltwater intrusion; social factors; social sustainability; social welfare; surveys; uncertainty; water supply; Bangladesh
- ... Climatic threats force disruption on community lifestyles by impairing social factors, the fundamental components of ensuring social sustainability. This study investigates the situational factors affecting the consequences on coastal livelihoods, and social activities; it also considers the effectiveness of traditional knowledge in reducing possible risks. Both qualitative and quantitative method ...
- Newaz, Md. Asif, et al. Show all 10 Authors
- Chemosphere 2020 v.246 pp. 125646
- aquifers; calcium; chemical pollutants; chlorides; climate change; coasts; drinking water; electrical conductivity; environmental exposure; floods; fluorides; groundwater; iron; lead; magnesium; manganese; nitrates; nitrites; phosphates; questionnaires; risk; salinity; saltwater intrusion; sea level; sodium; storms; surveys; total dissolved solids; toxic substances; water policy; water pollution; water quality; water salinization; water security; water shortages; Bangladesh
- ... Household drinking water security is one of the major issues among coastal communities in Bangladesh. To examine the groundwater quality and social consequences, groundwater samples and household questionnaires were administered across the study area. Instrumental and statistical tools were used to analyze the water quality and social survey data. The average concentrations of electrical conductiv ...