Jump to Main Content
- Spencer Sandra E., et al. Show all 4 Authors
- Analytical chemistry 2015 v.87 no.4 pp. 2249-2254
- aerosols; ionization; ions; mass spectrometry; polymers
- ... Low-temperature plasma ionization, a technique that causes minimal fragmentation during ionization, is investigated as an ionization technique for mass spectrometric detection of the compounds in ambient organic aerosols in real time. The experiments presented in this paper demonstrate that ions are generated from compounds in the aerosol particles. The utility of this technique for detection of b ...
- Spencer Sandra E., et al. Show all 3 Authors
- Analytical chemistry 2015 v.87 no.23 pp. 11887-11892
- aerosols; caffeine; cellulose; gases; ionization; ions; pyrolysis
- ... The design and operation of an inexpensive, miniature low-temperature plasma ion source is detailed. The miniature low-temperature plasma ion source is operated in a “flow-through” configuration, wherein the gaseous or aerosolized analyte, caffeine or pyrolyzed ethyl cellulose, in a carrier gas is used as the plasma gas. In this flow-through configuration, the sensitivity for the caffeine standard ...