Jump to Main Content
- Al-Humam, Abdulmohsen, et al. Show all 8 Authors
- Journal of biotechnology 2017
- DNA fragmentation; Desulfovibrio; deoxyribonuclease I; digestion; fluorescent labeling; single-stranded DNA
- ... The efficiency of hybridization signal detection in a biochip is affected by the method used for test DNA preparation, such as fragmentation, amplification and fluorescent labelling. DNA fragmentation is the commonest methods used and it is recognised as a critical step in biochip analysis. Currently methods used for DNA fragmentation are based either on sonication or on the enzymatic digestion. I ...
- Al-Humam, Abdulmohsen A., et al. Show all 6 Authors
- International Biodeterioration & Biodegradation 2013 v.84 pp. 168-178
- Bacillus (bacteria); RNA; bacteria; biosurfactants; carbon; clones; culture media; emulsifiers; glucose; infrared spectroscopy; lipopeptides; operon; petroleum; ribosomal DNA; surface tension; thin layer chromatography
- ... Petroleum-polluted environmental samples were collected to isolate and characterize biosurfactant-producing bacteria. Culturing of the collected samples in LB-broth and enrichments in chemically defined medium (CDM) with various carbon sources yielded 51 strains, some of which produced biosurfactants/bioemulsifiers when challenged with crude oil as a sole carbon source. The I-15 isolate, a Gram-po ...