Jump to Main Content
- Brandt, LeslieA., et al. Show all 8 Authors
- Climatic change 2018 v.146 no.1-2 pp. 75-88
- climate; climate change; decision making; ecoregions; forest industries; forest management; forest pests; land management; land ownership; multivariate analysis; pathogens; planning; vegetation
- ... Climate adaptation planning and implementation are likely to increase rapidly within the forest sector not only as climate continues to change but also as we intentionally learn from real-world examples. We sought to better understand how adaptation is being incorporated in land management decision-making across diverse land ownership types in the Midwest by evaluating project-level adaptation pla ...
- Brandt, LeslieA., et al. Show all 9 Authors
- Climatic change 2018 v.146 no.1-2 pp. 103-116
- Carya; biomass; boreal forests; climate; climate change; coastal forests; coasts; disease outbreaks; growing season; habitats; highlands; invasive species; montane forests; planning; saltwater intrusion; sea level; soil water; temperature; trees; Midwestern United States; Northeastern United States
- ... Forests of the Midwest and Northeast significantly define the character, culture, and economy of this large region but face an uncertain future as the climate continues to change. Forests vary widely across the region, and vulnerabilities are strongly influenced by regional differences in climate impacts and adaptive capacity. Not all forests are vulnerable; longer growing seasons and warmer tempe ...