Jump to Main Content
- Comi, Troy J., et al. Show all 6 Authors
- Analytical and bioanalytical chemistry 2020 v.412 no.12 pp. 2949-2961
- biomarkers; breast neoplasms; cell culture; cell lines; cell viability; electrospray ionization mass spectrometry; erbB-2 receptor; gene overexpression; genotype; human diseases; image analysis; lipids; lipogenesis; metastasis; mutation; neoplasm cells; phenotype; principal component analysis
- ... In breast cancer, overexpression of human epidermal growth factor receptor 2 (HER2) correlates with overactivation of lipogenesis, mutation of tumor suppressor p53, and increased metastatic potential. The mechanisms through which lipids mediate p53, HER2, and metastatic potential are largely unknown. We have developed a desorption electrospray ionization mass spectrometry (DESI-MS) method to ident ...
- Comi, Troy J., et al. Show all 3 Authors
- Analytical chemistry 2016 v.88 no.2 pp. 1169-1175
- desorption; electrospray ionization mass spectrometry; image analysis; ionization; spectral analysis; spectrometers; washing
- ... Desorption electrospray ionization (DESI) has emerged as a powerful technique for mass spectral analysis and imaging under ambient conditions. Synchronization of DESI (sDESI) with the ion injection period (IT)of low-duty cycle mass spectrometers has been previously shown to improve sensitivity and reduce the amount of sample depleted during the acquisition of each spectrum (viz. MS scan time). In ...