Jump to Main Content
- Fred-Jaiyesimi, Adediwura A., et al. Show all 2 Author
- Pharmacognosy Journal 2013 v.5 pp. 256-258
- Mondia whitei; anthelmintics; antimalarials; dose response; epilepsy; ethyl acetate; flavonoids; fluorescence; hexane; leaves; medicine; methanol; models; paralysis; pharmacognosy; pilocarpine; resins; saponins; seizures; tannins
- ... To investigate the antiepileptic potentials of Mondia whitei (Hook f.) Skeel leaves as identified in the folklore recipes for the management of paralysis, epilepsy. M. whitei is also used in antimalarial, antihelminthic recipes as well as in the treatment of impotence and sexual dysfunction.The antiepileptic study of the methanol extract, hexane and ethyl acetate fractions were carried out using t ...
- Fred-Jaiyesimi, Adediwura A., et al. Show all 3 Authors
- Parasitology research 2011 v.109 no.2 pp. 441-444
- Bunostomum; Eudrilus eugeniae; anthelmintics; cattle; chloroform; earthworms; hookworms; medicine; methanol; seeds
- ... The anthelmintic potentials of the chloroform and methanol extracts of Buchholzia coriacea Engler seed were investigated. In folklore medicine, B. coriacea (Capparidaceae) is believed to be useful in the treatment of various kinds of ailments and diseases. At doses of 10 mg/kg, 25 mg/kg and 50 mg/kg, the extracts were tested against Eudrilus eugeniae (earthworm) and Bunostomum phlebotomum (cattle ...