Jump to Main Content
- Islam, SirajUl, et al. Show all 7 Authors
- Climate dynamics 2018 v.50 no.3-4 pp. 1353-1371
- El Nino; Madden-Julian Oscillation; climate; climate models; convection; longitude; model validation; prediction; spring; surface temperature; wind direction
- ... The equatorial westerly wind bursts (WWBs) play an important role in modulating and predicting the El Niño-Southern Oscillation (ENSO). In this study, the ability of the Community Atmospheric Model version 4 (CAM4) and the Community Climate System Model version 4 (CCSM4) in simulating WWBs is systematically evaluated. Many characteristics of WWBs, including their longitude distributions, durations ...
- Islam, Sirajul, et al. Show all 4 Authors
- average daily intake; breast feeding; foods; infancy; milk consumption; preschool children; rural areas; vitamin A; vitamin status; Bangladesh
- ... A recent innovation in assessing community vitamin A status is the Helen Keller International food-frequency method, which is based on weekly intakes of key foods among pre-school children. Since it excludes breastmilk, we investigated whether the amount of breastmilk received by 40 children aged one to three years in a rural area of Bangladesh contributed significantly to their vitamin A intake. ...