Jump to Main Content
- Lanzillo, Carmine, et al. Show all 10 Authors
- Food chemistry 2017 v.233 pp. 52-59
- RNA; anthocyanins; astringency; cultivars; genes; grapes; proanthocyanidins; proteins; ripening; seeds; small fruits; tannins; tissues; wines
- ... Aglianico grapes are known for their high content of proanthocyanidins (PAs), which are responsible for the astringency of wines derived from this cultivar. However, the accumulation of PAs and their genetic control during berry development remain largely unexplored. This work aimed to monitor astringency-causing PAs in Aglianico berries and correlate them with the expression of 14 key genes. Berr ...
- Lanzillo, Carmine, et al. Show all 7 Authors
- Enzyme and microbial technology 2011 v.49 no.6-7 pp. 540-546
- Agrobacterium radiobacter; Ankistrodesmus; Chlamydomonas; Chlorella; Pleurotus ostreatus; coculture; complementary DNA; culture media; fungi; genes; genetic transformation; laccase; leaves; microalgae; olive oil; pH; phenol; phytotoxicity; promoter regions; remediation; root exudates; secretion; signal peptide; tobacco; transgenic plants; wastewater
- ... Olive oil mill wastewaters (OMWs) are characterised by low pH and a high content of mono- and polyaromatic compounds that exert microbial and phytotoxic activity. The laccase cDNA of the poxA1b gene from Pleurotus ostreatus, carrying a signal peptide sequence for enzyme secretion and driven by the CaMV 35S promoter, was cloned into a plant expression vector. Nuclear genetic transformation was carr ...