Jump to Main Content
- Mariano-Goulart, Denis, et al. Show all 10 Authors
- Applied Physiology, Nutrition, and Metabolism 2017 v.42 no.4 pp. 438-442
- adults; blood glucose; blood lipids; blood serum; body composition; body mass index; calcium; cross-sectional studies; females; insulin; insulin resistance; metabolism; models; obesity; parathyroid hormone; patients; phenotype; phosphorus; triacylglycerols; vitamin status; waist circumference
- ... Low plasma 25-hydroxy-vitamin D (25OHD) and high levels of parathyroid hormone (PTH) are associated with obesity and could play a role in the occurrence of complications such as insulin resistance. The objective of the study was to evaluate whether the relationship between 25OHD status and phosphocalcic parameters differs between metabolically healthy obese (MHO) and insulin-resistant obese (IRO). ...
- Mariano-Goulart, Denis, et al. Show all 13 Authors
- Peptides 2014 v.51 pp. 80-85
- adiponectin; amenorrhea; anorexia; athletes; body mass index; bone density; energy balance; females; menstruation; models; saliva; France
- ... Elite Rhythmic Gymnasts (RGs) constitute a unique metabolic model and they are prone to developing Anorexia Athletica. The aim of the present study was to evaluate the effect of training intensity on salivary adiponectin levels and assess a possible role of salivary adiponectin levels as a predictive factor of reproductive dysfunction and bone mass acquisition in elite RGs. The study included 80 e ...
- Mariano-Goulart, Denis, et al. Show all 7 Authors
- Diabetes care 2007 v.30 no.11 pp. 2934-2939
- C-reactive protein; adiponectin; atherosclerosis; electrocardiography; fibrinogen; high density lipoprotein cholesterol; homocysteine; image analysis; kidney diseases; low density lipoprotein; myocardial ischemia; patients; relative risk; risk factors; triacylglycerols
- ... OBJECTIVE:--We sought to evaluate osteoprotegerin, an inhibitor of osteoclastogenesis involved in atherosclerosis, and other novel risk factors as predictive markers of silent myocardial ischemia (SMI). RESEARCH DESIGN AND METHODS--A total of 465 consecutive diabetic patients with more than one additional risk factor were evaluated for SMI using stress myocardial perfusion imaging (MPI). We studie ...