Jump to Main Content
- Raneri, Jessica E., et al. Show all 12 Authors
- Food security 2020 v.12 no.1 pp. 59-81
- crops; diet; environmental performance; farm families; farm income; farming systems; farms; home gardens; landscapes; livelihood; nutrient requirements; prediction; Vietnam
- ... Assessing progress towards healthier people, farms and landscapes through nutrition-sensitive agriculture (NSA) requires transdisciplinary methods with robust models and metrics. Farm-household models could facilitate disentangling the complex agriculture-nutrition nexus, by jointly assessing performance indicators on different farm system components such as farm productivity, farm environmental p ...
- Raneri, Jessica E., et al. Show all 10 Authors
- Agricultural systems 2019 v.173 pp. 49-63
- bioeconomics; farms; households; human nutrition; issues and policy; labor; livelihood; models; on-farm research; villages; Vietnam
- ... Farm models have the potential to describe farming systems and livelihoods, identify trade-offs and synergies, and provide ex-ante assessments of agricultural technologies and policies. We developed three new modules related to budget, labor, and human nutrition for the bio-economic whole-farm model ‘FarmDESIGN’. The expanded model positions the farming enterprise within the farm household. We ill ...