Jump to Main Content
- Ritchie, A.W., et al. Show all 3 Authors
- Colloids and surfaces 2018 v.558 pp. 192-199
- X-ray photoelectron spectroscopy; atomization; colloids; contact angle; electron microscopy; graphene; hexadecane; hydrophobicity; infrared spectroscopy; liquids; mechanical properties; moieties; nanocomposites; nanoparticles; oils; perfluorocarbons; polymers; silica; slurries; surface roughness; zinc oxide
- ... Atomised spray plasma deposition (ASPD) using perfluorotributylamine–nanoparticle slurry mixtures yields superhydrophobic nanocomposite layers in a single solventless step. X-ray photoelectron and infrared spectroscopies indicate the formation of a poly(perfluorocarbon) host matrix containing nanoparticles. Electron microscopy shows the appearance of hierarchical surface roughness through the inco ...
- Ritchie, A.W., et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Colloids and surfaces 2019 v.560 pp. 352-359
- Escherichia coli; Gram-negative bacteria; Gram-positive bacteria; Staphylococcus aureus; coatings; colloids; contact angle; drinking water; durability; hardness; hydrophilicity; nanocomposites; nanoparticles; oils; pollution
- ... Bioinspired polymer–nanoparticle–fluorosurfactant complex composite coatings are shown to display fast-switching oleophobic–hydrophilic properties. The large switching parameters (difference between the equilibrium oil and water static contact angles) are attributed to nanoparticle enhanced surface roughening (leading to improvement in hydrophilicity and oleophobicity for optimum nanoparticle load ...