Jump to Main Content
- Sutaria, Dipani, et al. Show all 4 Authors
- Aquatic conservation 2018 v.28 no.6 pp. 1374-1383
- Rhizoprionodon acutus; allometry; coasts; demographic statistics; females; fishing boats; life history; males; monsoon season; mortality; neonates; seasonal variation; sex ratio; sharks; India
- ... Biological data including size, sex ratios, male maturity, and length and weight relationships for four commercially important shark species, including the milk shark (Rhizoprionodon acutus Rüppell, 1837), the grey sharpnose shark (Rhizoprionodon oligolinx Springer, 1964), the spadenose shark (Scoliodon laticaudus Muller & Henle, 1838), and the bigeye smoothhound shark (Iago omanensis Norman, 1939 ...
- SUTARIA, DIPANI, et al. Show all 4 Authors
- Conservation biology 2010 v.24 no.4 pp. 1130-1140
- Platanista gangetica; biodiversity; boats; community structure; dolphins; dry season; endangered species; fish; fish communities; fisheries; freshwater; habitat preferences; humans; immigration; livelihood; monitoring; predators; rivers; India
- ... Freshwater biodiversity conservation is generally perceived to conflict with human use and extraction (e.g., fisheries). Overexploited fisheries upset the balance between local economic needs and endangered species' conservation. We investigated resource competition between fisheries and Ganges river dolphins ( Platanista gangetica gangetica) in a human-dominated river system in India to assess th ...