Jump to Main Content
- Moen, Asbjørn; Lyngstad, Anders; Øien, Dag‐Inge
- Nordic journal of botany 2012 v.30 no.2 pp. 226-240
- Thalictrum alpinum, etc ; Drosera; Equisetum; Molinia caerulea; Narthecium ossifragum; Pedicularis; conservation areas; fens; grasslands; herbs; highlands; lawns and turf; plant communities; shrubs; species diversity; Show all 15 Subjects
- ... In the present study, we describe the variation in rich fen (brown moss‐dominated) vegetation of boreal uplands in Norway, based on studies in two nature reserves representing an oceanic and a more continental area. The vegetation description included 134 sample plots and 200 taxa, using TWINSPAN classification and DCA ordination. The main aims were to describe the rich fen vegetation used for tra ...
- Mooney, H. A.; Johnson, Albert W.
- Ecology 1965 v.46 no.5 pp. 721-727
- Thalictrum alpinum, etc ; Oxyria digyna; alpine plants; chromosomes; diploidy; ecophysiology; leaves; mountains; photoperiod; photosynthesis; streams; temperature; triploidy; vigor; Alaska; Arctic region; California; Show all 17 Subjects
- ... An ecological comparison was made between an alpine population of Thalictrum alpinum L. from the White Mountains of California and diploid and triploid plants of an arctic population from Ogotoruk Creek, Alaska. In a uniform environment plants of the alpine population were found to differ physiologically from the arctic plants in their photoperiod requirement, temperature of optimum photosynthesis ...