Jump to Main Content
- Vorisek, P., et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Agriculture, ecosystems & environment 2010 v.137 no.3-4 pp. 348-357
- agricultural land; wild birds; species diversity; sustainable agriculture; biodiversity; agroecosystems; European Union; Common Agricultural Policy; environmental impact; land use change; risk management; agricultural subsidies; land management; geographical distribution; rural development; Europe; Spain
- ... The EU has adopted the European Farmland Bird Index (EFBI) as a Structural and Sustainable Development Indicator and a proxy for wider biodiversity health on farmland. Changes in the EFBI over coming years are likely to reflect how well agri-environment schemes (AES), funded under Pillar 2 (Axis 2) of the Common Agricultural Policy, have been able to offset the detrimental impacts of past agricult ...
- Voříšek, P., et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Animal conservation 2008 v.11 no.5 pp. 412-421
- birds; breeding; climate change; environmental policy; habitats; interspecific variation; migratory behavior; monitoring; phenology; phylogeny; population dynamics; prediction; reproductive performance; spring; temperature; Czech Republic
- ... Numerous studies have shown that climate changes associated with increasing global temperature affect bird species. For instance, long-distance migrants are not able to respond adequately to rapid advances in spring phenology, and thus their populations decline due to lower breeding performance. Moreover, many species in the Northern Hemisphere have shifted their northern breeding range boundaries ...