Jump to Main Content
- Liu, Haijie, et al. Show all 4 Authors
- Infection and immunity 2005 v.73 no.1 pp. 79-87
- adaptation; genes; hosts; life cycle (organisms); macrophages; membrane proteins; outer membrane proteins; protein synthesis; proteins; proteomics; ticks
- ... Ehrlichia chaffeensis, a tick-transmitted rickettsial agent, causes human monocyte/macrophage-tropic ehrlichiosis. In this study, proteomic approaches were used to demonstrate host cell-specific antigenic expression by E. chaffeensis. The differentially expressed antigens include those from the 28-kDa outer membrane protein (p28-Omp) multigene locus. The proteins expressed in infected macrophages ...
- PubMed Central:
- Liu, Haijie, et al. Show all 17 Authors
- Molecular plant-microbe interactions 2009 v.22 no.1 pp. 52
- Solanum lycopersicum var. lycopersicum; tomatoes; Pseudomonas syringae pv. tomato; plant pathogenic bacteria; genome; nucleotide sequences; microbial genetics; Type III secretion system; strains; strain differences; host range; host-pathogen relationships; genomics; genes; translocation (plant physiology); uptake mechanisms
- ... Diverse gene products including phytotoxins, pathogen-associated molecular patterns, and type III secreted effectors influence interactions between Pseudomonas syringae strains and plants, with additional yet uncharacterized factors likely contributing as well. Of particular interest are those interactions governing pathogen-host specificity. Comparative genomics of closely related pathogens with ...