Jump to Main Content
- Harb, Moustapha; Hong, Pei-Ying
- Environmental science and pollution research international 2017 v.24 no.6 pp. 5370-5380
- membrane bioreactors, etc ; Acinetobacter; Pseudomonas; activated sludge; artificial membranes; bacteria; case studies; effluents; high-throughput nucleotide sequencing; irrigation; land application; microbial communities; microfiltration; municipal wastewater; pathogens; polymerase chain reaction; risk; secondary infection; Show all 18 Subjects
- ... Although membrane bioreactor (MBR) systems provide better removal of pathogens compared to conventional activated sludge processes, they do not achieve total log removal. The present study examines two MBR systems treating municipal wastewater, one a full-scale MBR plant and the other a lab-scale anaerobic MBR. Both of these systems were operated using microfiltration (MF) polymeric membranes. Hig ...
- PubMed Central:
- Mayer, R.E.; Bofill-Mas, S.; Egle, L.; Reischer, G.H.; Schade, M.; Fernandez-Cassi, X.; Fuchs, W.; Mach, R.L.; Lindner, G.; Kirschner, A.; Gaisbauer, M.; Piringer, H.; Blaschke, A.P.; Girones, R.; Zessner, M.; Sommer, R.; Farnleitner, A.H.
- Water research 2016 v.90 pp. 265-276
- membrane bioreactors, etc ; Adenoviridae; Bacteroidetes; Clostridium perfringens; Enterococcus; Escherichia coli; Polyomaviridae; activated sludge; bacteriophages; genetic markers; indicator species; microbiological quality; monitoring; pollution; spores; statistical analysis; ultraviolet radiation; wastewater; wastewater treatment; water quality analysis; Austria; Germany; Show all 22 Subjects
- ... This was a detailed investigation of the seasonal occurrence, dynamics, removal and resistance of human-associated genetic Bacteroidetes faecal markers (GeBaM) compared with ISO-based standard faecal indicator bacteria (SFIB), human-specific viral faecal markers and one human-associated Bacteroidetes phage in raw and treated wastewater of municipal and domestic origin. Characteristics of the selec ...
- PubMed Central: