Jump to Main Content
- Cesarz, Simone, et al. Show all 11 Authors
- Soil biology & biochemistry 2016 v.103 pp. 46-51
- Nematoda; arid lands; bacteria; carbon dioxide; carbon dioxide enrichment; climate; climate change; ecosystems; fungi; grasslands; omnivores; plant parasitic nematodes; predators; soil; soil ecology; soil nematodes; temperature
- ... Climate change can alter soil communities and functions, but the consequences are uncertain for most ecosystems. We assessed the impacts of climate change on soil nematodes in a semiarid grassland using a 7-year, factorial manipulation of temperature and [CO2]. Elevated CO2 and warming decreased the abundance of plant-feeding nematodes and nematodes with intermediate to high values on the colonize ...
- Chorus Open Access:
- Cesarz, Simone, et al. Show all 7 Authors
- Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences of the United States of America 2013 v.110 no.17 pp. 6889-6894
- Nematoda; biomass; carbon dioxide; ecosystems; environmental factors; global change; grasslands; soil; soil food webs; soil microorganisms; soil organic matter; species diversity; Minnesota
- ... Recent metaanalyses suggest biodiversity loss affects the functioning of ecosystems to a similar extent as other global environmental change agents. However, the abundance and functioning of soil organisms have been hypothesized to be much less responsive to such changes, particularly in plant diversity, than aboveground variables, although tests of this hypothesis are extremely rare. We examined ...
- PubMed Central: