Jump to Main Content
- Kim, Kyun Ha; Kwun, Min Jung; Han, Chang Woo; Ha, Ki-Tae; Choi, Jun-Yong; Joo, Myungsoo
- BMC complementary and alternative medicine 2014 v.14 no.1 pp. 402
- Gleditsia sinensis, etc ; Oriental traditional medicine; alternative medicine; animal models; bioluminescence; chest; cytokines; gene expression; genes; histology; image analysis; inflammation; lipopolysaccharides; lungs; mice; respiratory tract diseases; reverse transcriptase polymerase chain reaction; transcription factor NF-kappa B; Show all 18 Subjects
- ... BACKGROUND: The fruit hull of Gleditsia sinensis (FGS) used in traditional Asian medicine was reported to have a preventive effect on lung inflammation in an acute lung injury (ALI) mouse model. Here, we explored FGS as a possible therapeutics against inflammatory lung diseases including ALI, and examined an underlying mechanism for the effect of FGS. METHODS: The decoction of FGS in water was pre ...
- PubMed Central:
- Yi, Jin-Mu; Park, Jong-Shik; Oh, Se-Mi; Lee, Jun; Kim, Jinhee; Oh, Dal-Seok; Bang, Ok-Sun; Kim, No Soo
- BMC complementary and alternative medicine 2012 v.12 no.1 pp. 243
- Gleditsia sinensis, etc ; alternative medicine; angiogenesis; antineoplastic agents; cell movement; cytotoxicity; dose response; endothelins; ethanol; human umbilical vein endothelial cells; medicine; mice; obesity; plant spines; proteins; proteomics; thrombosis; Show all 17 Subjects
- ... BACKGROUND: Gleditsia sinensis thorns have been widely used in traditional Korean medicine for the treatment of several diseases, including obesity, thrombosis, and tumor-related diseases. The aim of the study is to determine the antiangiogenic effect of Gleditsia sinensis thorns in vitro and in vivo in a bid to evaluate its potential as an anticancer drug. METHODS: Ethanol extract of Gleditsia si ...
- PubMed Central: