Jump to Main Content
- Grosell, Martin, et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Aquatic toxicology 2010 v.97 no.2 pp. 109
- fertilization (reproduction); Thymallus arcticus; Salvelinus; total dissolved solids; water quality; water pollution; water hardness; toxicity testing; reproductive toxicology; water uptake
- ... Previous studies have indicated that salmonid fertilization success may be very sensitive to elevated concentrations of total dissolved solids (TDS) with effects at concentrations as low as 250mgl⁻¹ being reported. However, interpretation of these studies is complicated by poor control performance and variable concentration response relationships. To address this, a series of experiments were perf ...
- Grosell, Martin, et al. Show all 17 Authors
- Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences of the United States of America 2014 v.111 no.15 pp. E1510
- Thunnus albacares; Xiphias gladius; abnormal development; arrhythmia; cardiac output; dose response; edema; fish larvae; habitats; heart; mortality; oils; pelagic fish; pericardium; petroleum; polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons; predatory fish; progeny; spawning; surface water; temperature; toxicity; tuna; Arctic region; Gulf of Mexico
- ... The Deepwater Horizon disaster released more than 636 million L of crude oil into the northern Gulf of Mexico. The spill oiled upper surface water spawning habitats for many commercially and ecologically important pelagic fish species. Consequently, the developing spawn (embryos and larvae) of tunas, swordfish, and other large predators were potentially exposed to crude oil-derived polycyclic arom ...
- PubMed Central: