Jump to Main Content
- Koyama, Yasuji, et al. Show all 3 Authors
- Eukaryotic cell 2012 v.11 no.4 pp. 507-517
- Aspergillus oryzae; DNA damage; aflatoxins; chromosomes; excision; genes; tannase
- ... Loop-out-type recombination is a type of intrachromosomal recombination followed by the excision of a chromosomal region. The detailed mechanism underlying this recombination and the genes involved in loop-out recombination remain unknown. In the present study, we investigated the functions of ku70, ligD, rad52, rad54, and rdh54 in the construction of large chromosomal deletions via loop-out recom ...
- PubMed Central:
- Koyama, Yasuji, et al. Show all 9 Authors
- Applied microbiology and biotechnology 2007 v.76 no.5 pp. 977
- Aspergillus; koji; Aspergillus parasiticus; aflatoxins; biosynthesis; multigene family; gene expression regulation; transcription (genetics); fermented foods; food safety; nucleotide sequences
- ... Aspergillus section Flavi includes aflatoxin-producing and nonproducing fungi. Aspergillus sojae is unable to produce aflatoxins and is generally recognized as safe for food fermentation. However, because of its taxonomical relatedness to aflatoxin-producing Aspergillus parasiticus and A. flavus, it is necessary to decipher the underlying mechanisms for its inability to produce aflatoxins. This re ...