Jump to Main Content
Did you mean to type: pinno?
- Pinnow, David L., et al. Show all 10 Authors
- Journal of agricultural and food chemistry 2013 v.61 no.11 pp. 2875
- Arachis hypogaea; cultivars; fatty acid composition; fatty acids; gas chromatography; genes; genetic markers; genotype; genotyping; high performance liquid chromatography; nuclear magnetic resonance spectroscopy; peanut oil; peanuts; quantitative polymerase chain reaction; quercetin; resveratrol; seed quality; seeds; single nucleotide polymorphism; United States
- ... Peanut seeds contain high amounts of oil and protein as well as some useful bioactive phytochemicals which can contribute to human health. The U.S. peanut mini-core collection is an important genetic resource for improving seed quality and developing new cultivars. Variability of seed chemical composition within the mini-core was evaluated from freshly harvested seeds for two years. Oil, fatty aci ...
- Pinnow, David, et al. Show all 7 Authors
- Journal of agricultural and food chemistry 2011 v.59 no.17 pp. 9250
- Ricinus communis; USDA; biodiesel; castor beans; castor oil; correlation; crop production; energy crops; esters; fatty acid composition; feedstocks; fuel production; gas chromatography; germplasm; germplasm conservation; linoleic acid; linolenic acid; lipid content; nuclear magnetic resonance spectroscopy; oleic acid; palmitic acid; prices; production costs; ricinoleic acid; screening; seeds; stearic acid
- ... Castor has tremendous potential as a feedstock for biodiesel production. The oil content and fatty acid composition in castor seed are important factors determining the price for production and affecting the key fuel properties of biodiesel. There are 1033 available castor accessions collected or donated from 48 countries worldwide in the USDA germplasm collection. The entire castor collection was ...