Jump to Main Content
- Ren, Hao, et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Virology journal 2015 v.12 no.1 pp. 241
- Hepatitis C virus; Western blotting; chromosomes; hepatoma; insulin; insulin receptors; insulin resistance; messenger RNA; noninsulin-dependent diabetes mellitus; phosphorylation; plasmids; risk factors; serine; signal transduction; tau-protein kinase; transfection
- ... BACKGROUND: Hepatitis C virus (HCV) infection was recently recognized as an independent risk factor for insulin resistance (IR), the onset phase of type 2 diabetes mellitus (T2DM). Phosphatase and tensin homolog deleted on chromosome 10 (PTEN) negatively regulates PI3K/Akt signaling pathway, which is critical for IR development and progression of cirrhosis to hepatocellular carcinoma (HCC). Here, ...
- PubMed Central:
- Ren, Hao, et al. Show all 9 Authors
- Neurobiology of aging 2010 v.31 no.1 pp. 74
- transporters; zinc; immunohistochemistry; brain; hippocampus; blood vessels; peptides; pathogenesis; Alzheimer disease; transgenic animals; mice
- ... Pathological accumulation of β-amyloid peptide (Aβ) is an early and common feature of Alzheimer's disease (AD). An increased zinc concentration can initiate the deposition of Aβ. The present study aimed to study the expression and distribution patterns of six members of the zinc transporter (ZnT) family, ZnT1, ZnT3, ZnT4, ZnT5, ZnT6, and ZnT7, in the APPswe/PS1dE9 transgenic mouse brain. Our resul ...