Jump to Main Content
- Shapiro, Lori R., et al. Show all 12 Authors
- Genome Biology and Evolution 2016 v.8 no.3 pp. 649-664
- Cucurbitaceae; Erwinia tracheiphila; bacterial wilt; bacteriophages; chromosome aberrations; crops; evolution; gene transfer; genetic similarity; horizontal gene transfer; host-pathogen relationships; niches; plant pathogenic bacteria; population dynamics; pseudogenes; squashes; transposons; Kentucky; Michigan; New York; Pennsylvania
- ... Modern industrial agriculture depends on high-density cultivation of genetically similar crop plants, creating favorable conditions for the emergence of novel pathogens with increased fitness in managed compared with ecologically intact settings. Here, we present the genome sequence of six strains of the cucurbit bacterial wilt pathogen Erwinia tracheiphila (Enterobacteriaceae) isolated from infec ...
- PubMed Central:
- Shapiro, Lori R., et al. Show all 8 Authors
- Biological control 2009 v.51 no.2 pp. 215
- Coccinellidae; phylogeny; insect taxonomy; evolution; feeding preferences; feeding behavior; foraging; trophic relationships; ribosomal DNA; nucleotide sequences; host preferences; herbivores; predatory insects; fungi
- ... Despite the familiarity and economic significance of Coccinellidae, the family has thus far escaped analysis by rigorous phylogenetic methods. As a result, the internal classification remains unstable and there is no framework with which to interpret evolutionary events within the family. Coccinellids exhibit a wide range of preferred food types spanning kingdoms, and trophic levels. To provide an ...