Jump to Main Content
Did you mean to type: smart?
- Swart, W.J., et al. Show all 2 Author
- Plant disease 2002 v.86 no.11 pp. 1199
- Amaranthus hybridus; Alternaria tenuissima; infection; leaves; pathogenicity; mycelium; stomata; conidia; spore germination; mechanical damage; endophytes; South Africa
- ... With the increased use of Amaranthus hybridus as a leafy-vegetable crop in Africa and the recent identification of Alternaria leaf spot on this host in southern Africa, the role of this potentially damaging pathogen was investigated. The goals of this study were to test the pathogenicity of the Alternaria tenuissima group, determine how these fungi infect Amaranthus hybridus leaves, and examine th ...
- Swart, W.J., et al. Show all 8 Authors
- Studies in mycology 2013 v.75 pp. 307-390
- Coniothyrium; Corynespora; Leptosphaeria avenaria; Parastagonospora nodorum; Phaeosphaeria; Pseudocercospora; Pseudoseptoria; Septoria; Sphaerulina; Stagonospora; barley; genes; geographical distribution; internal transcribed spacers; leaf spot; loci; morphs; new combination; new genus; new species; phylogeny; ribosomal RNA; rye; stem cankers
- ... Septoria represents a genus of plant pathogenic fungi with a wide geographic distribution, commonly associated with leaf spots and stem cankers of a broad range of plant hosts. A major aim of this study was to resolve the phylogenetic generic limits of Septoria, Stagonospora, and other related genera such as Sphaerulina, Phaeosphaeria and Phaeoseptoria using sequences of the the partial 28S nuclea ...
- PubMed Central: