Jump to Main Content
- Tappel, Ryan, et al. Show all 12 Authors
- Biotechnology for biofuels 2018 v.11 no.1 pp. 55
- Clostridium autoethanogenum; acetates; biomass; carbon; carbon dioxide; carbon monoxide; energy; energy conservation; ethanol; fermentation; formates; hydrogen; metabolomics; models; oxidation; proteome; proteomics; synthesis gas
- ... BACKGROUND: The global demand for affordable carbon has never been stronger, and there is an imperative in many industrial processes to use waste streams to make products. Gas-fermenting acetogens offer a potential solution and several commercial gas fermentation plants are currently under construction. As energy limits acetogen metabolism, supply of H₂ should diminish substrate loss to CO₂ and fa ...
- PubMed Central:
- Tappel, Ryan C., et al. Show all 4 Authors
- Applied and environmental microbiology 2012 v.78 no.2 pp. 519-527
- Escherichia coli; Pseudomonas putida; biosynthesis; carbon; feedstocks; gene expression; genes; glucose; glycerol; polyhydroxyalkanoates; polymerase chain reaction; transport proteins
- ... Pseudomonas putida KT2440 is capable of producing medium-chain-length polyhydroxyalkanoates (MCL-PHAs) when grown on unrelated carbon sources during nutrient limitation. Transcription levels of genes putatively involved in PHA biosynthesis were assessed by quantitative real-time PCR (qRT-PCR) in P. putida grown on glycerol as a sole carbon source. The results showed that two genes, phaG and the PP ...
- PubMed Central:
- Tappel, Ryan C., et al. Show all 6 Authors
- Bioresource technology 2012 v.118 pp. 272
- Pseudomonas oleovorans; batch fermentation; biodiesel; biopolymers; composite polymers; coproducts; levulinic acid; molecular weight
- ... Glycerine (a biodiesel co-product) and levulinic acid (a pulp and paper co-product) were used as co-substrates for the fermentative synthesis of short-chain polyhydroxyalkanoate (sc-PHA) biopolymers with tunable monomer and molecular weight characteristics. Pseudomonas oleovorans NRRL B-14682 utilized glycerine alone to produce poly(3-hydroxybutyrate) (PHB). When levulinic acid was added to the me ...