Jump to Main Content
- Wulder, Michael A., et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Carbon balance and management 2016 v.11 no.1 pp. 23
- biosphere; carbon; carbon sinks; climate change; forest industries; forest inventory; forests; global carbon budget; greenhouse gas emissions; greenhouse gases; models; monitoring; national forests; remote sensing; satellites; time series analysis; uncertainty; Saskatchewan
- ... BACKGROUND: Understanding and quantifying carbon (C) exchanges between the biosphere and the atmosphere—specifically the process of C removal from the atmosphere, and how this process is changing—is the basis for developing appropriate adaptation and mitigation strategies for climate change. Monitoring forest systems and reporting on greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions and removals are now required com ...
- PubMed Central:
- Wulder, Michael A., et al. Show all 9 Authors
- Remote sensing of environment 2008 v.112 no.3 pp. 955
- Landsat; remote sensing; governmental programs and projects; vegetation cover; data collection
- ... Initiated in 1972, the Landsat program has provided a continuous record of earth observation for 35 years. The assemblage of Landsat spatial, spectral, and temporal resolutions, over a reasonably sized image extent, results in imagery that can be processed to represent land cover over large areas with an amount of spatial detail that is absolutely unique and indispensable for monitoring, managemen ...