Jump to Main Content
- Garrido, Leandro M.; Lombó, Felipe; Baig, Irfan; Nur-e-Alam, Mohammad; Furlan, Renata L. A.; Borda, Charlotte C.; Braña, Alfredo; Méndez, Carmen; Salas, José A.; Rohr, Jürgen; Padilla, Gabriel
- Applied microbiology and biotechnology 2006 v.73 no.1 pp. 122-131
- anthracyclines, etc ; Streptomyces; biosynthesis; deoxysugars; genes; glycosylation; glycosyltransferases; models; Show all 8 Subjects
- ... Glycosylation pattern in cosmomycins is a distinctive feature among anthracyclines. These antitumor compounds possess two trisaccharide chains attached at C-7 and C-10, each of them with structural variability, mainly at the distal deoxysugar moieties. We have characterized a 14-kb chromosomal region from Streptomyces olindensis containing 13 genes involved in cosmomycin biosynthesis. Two of the g ...
- PubMed Central:
- Spector, Neil L.; Yarden, Yosef; Smith, Bradley; Lyass, Ljuba; Trusk, Patricia; Pry, Karen; Hill, Jason E.; Xia, Wenle; Seger, Rony; Bacus, Sarah S.
- Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences of the United States of America 2007 v.104 no.25 pp. 10607-10612
- anthracyclines, etc ; AMP-activated protein kinase; apoptosis; beta oxidation; calcium; cardiomyocytes; cardiomyopathy; chelation; cytokines; drug therapy; epidermal growth factor receptors; humans; ischemia; monoclonal antibodies; patients; risk; rodents; stress response; California; Show all 19 Subjects
- ... The human EGF receptor (HER) 2 receptor tyrosine kinase is a survival factor for human cardiomyocytes, and its inhibition may explain the increased incidence of cardiomyopathy associated with the anti-HER2 monoclonal antibody trastuzumab (Genentech, South San Francisco, CA), particularly in patients with prior exposure to cardiotoxic chemotherapies e.g., anthracyclines. Here, we show that GW2974 ( ...
- PubMed Central: