Jump to Main Content
- Little, Keith W.; Koralegedara, Nadeesha H.; Northeim, Coleen M.; Al-Abed, Souhail R.
- Journal of environmental management 2017
- flue gas desulfurization, etc ; United States Environmental Protection Agency; agricultural soils; algorithms; analytical methods; decision support systems; environmental impact; gypsum; landfills; leaching; simulation models; soil amendments; toxicity; United States; Show all 14 Subjects
- ... Non-hazardous solid materials from industrial processes, once regarded as waste and disposed in landfills, offer numerous environmental and economic advantages when put to beneficial uses (BUs). Proper management of these industrial non-hazardous secondary materials (INSM) requires estimates of their probable environmental impacts among disposal as well as BU options. The U.S. Environmental Protec ...
- PubMed Central:
- Penn, Chad; Bowen, James; McGrath, Joshua; Nairn, Robert; Fox, Garey; Brown, Glenn; Wilson, Stuart; Gill, Clinton
- Chemosphere 2016 v.151 pp. 345-355
- flue gas desulfurization, etc ; acid mine drainage; equations; eutrophication; gypsum; models; monitoring; phosphorus; prediction; slags; sorption; steel; urban areas; Show all 13 Subjects
- ... Phosphorus (P) removal structures have been shown to decrease dissolved P loss from agricultural and urban areas which may reduce the threat of eutrophication. In order to design or quantify performance of these structures, the relationship between discrete and cumulative removal with cumulative P loading must be determined, either by individual flow-through experiments or model prediction. A mode ...
- Chorus Open Access: