Jump to Main Content
- Jud Schefer, R., et al. Show all 6 Authors
- Journal of veterinary internal medicine 2017 v.31 no.4 pp. 1091-1099
- Angiostrongylus vasorum; blood platelets; dog diseases; dogs; fibrinogen; firmness; hemorrhage; patients; therapeutics
- ... BACKGROUND: The pathomechanism of Angiostrongylus vasorum infection‐associated bleeding diathesis in dogs is not fully understood. OBJECTIVE: To describe rotational thromboelastometry (ROTEM) parameters in dogs naturally infected with A. vasorum and to compare ROTEM parameters between infected dogs with and without clinical signs of bleeding. ANIMALS: A total of 21 dogs presented between 2013 and ...
- PubMed Central:
- Schefers, Jeremy, et al. Show all 9 Authors
- BMC genomics 2010 v.11 no.561
- cattle diseases; paratuberculosis; Mycobacterium avium subsp. paratuberculosis; animal pathogenic bacteria; pathogenesis; transcriptome; transcription (genetics); gene expression regulation; macrophages
- ... Background: Mycobacterium avium subsp. paratuberculosis (MAP) persistently infects intestines and mesenteric lymph nodes leading to a prolonged subclinical disease. The MAP genome sequence was published in 2005, yet its transcriptional organization in natural infection is unknown. While prior research analyzed regulated gene sets utilizing defined, in vitro stress related or advanced surgical meth ...