Jump to Main Content
- Sherwood, Jeffrey E.; Fraser, Susan; Citron, Diane M.; Wexler, Hana; Blakely, Garry; Jobling, Kelly; Patrick, Sheila
- Anaerobe 2011 v.17 no.4 pp. 152-155
- tigecycline, etc ; Bacteroides fragilis; blood; cefoxitin; debridement; drainage; fibula; genes; imipenem; irrigation; linezolid; males; meropenem; metronidazole; moxifloxacin; multiple drug resistance; patients; piperacillin; plasmids; resistance mechanisms; sewage; tibia; water pollution; Afghanistan; Show all 24 Subjects
- ... This report summarizes the case of a 23 year-old otherwise healthy male that was injured in an improvised explosive device (IED) blast in support of Operation Enduring Freedom (OEF). He sustained bilateral open tibia and fibula fractures in the setting of being exposed to water contaminated with raw sewage. Despite long-term carbapenem therapy, the patient’s wounds were repeatedly noted to have pu ...
- Hasan, Badrul; Faruque, Rayhan; Drobni, Mirva; Waldenström, Jonas; Sadique, Abdus; Ahmed, Kabir Uddin; Islam, Zahirul; Parvez, M.B. Hossain; Olsen, Björn; Alam, Munirul
- Avian diseases 2011 v.55 no.4 pp. 689-692
- tigecycline, etc ; Escherichia coli; ampicillin; antibiotic resistance; beta-lactamase; bird diseases; cefadroxil; cefuroxime; ciprofloxacin; disease prevention; feed additives; gentamicin; growth promotion; laying hens; medicine; nalidixic acid; nitrofurantoin; pathogens; phenotype; poultry industry; streptomycin; tetracycline; Bangladesh; South Korea; Show all 24 Subjects
- ... Antibiotic resistance in avian bacterial pathogens is a common problem in the Bangladesh poultry industry. The aim of the present study was to provide information on the present status of antibiotic resistance patterns in avian pathogenic Escherichia coli in Bangladesh. Of 279 dead or sick poultry of different ages, 101 pathogenic E. coli strains isolated from broilers and layer hens with colibaci ...
- Almeida, Fernanda S.; Nakano, Viviane; Avila-Campos, Mario J.
- FEMS microbiology letters 2007 v.272 no.1 pp. 15-21
- tigecycline, etc ; Bacteroides fragilis; DNA; animal production; bacteria; calves; chloramphenicol; cytotoxicity; diarrhea; feces; genes; imipenem; metal tolerance; metals; metronidazole; monitoring; moxifloxacin; pathogens; piperacillin; polymerase chain reaction; Show all 20 Subjects
- ... Bacteroides fragilis is considered an important clinical pathogen and the most common anaerobe isolated from human and animal clinical specimens; enterotoxigenic strains produce diarrhea. The presence of enterotoxigenic (ETBF) and nonenterotoxigenic B. fragilis in stool samples from calves with or without acute diarrhea and the antimicrobial susceptibility of the strains were evaluated. The stool ...