Jump to Main Content
- Redford, K.; Berliner, M.D.; Gates, J.E.; Fisher, R.W.; Matthews, B.F.
- Plant cell, tissue, and organ culture 1987 v.10 no.3 pp. 187
- culture media, etc ; Azolla pinnata; ferns and fern allies; in vitro culture; protoplasts; explants; mannitol; calcium chloride; dose response; cell wall components; cellulose; in vitro digestion; enzyme activity; pectin lyase; micropropagation; methodology; Show all 16 Subjects
- ... We have developed a method for producing protoplasts from the heterosporous water fern Azolla using a combination of Cellulysin (4.0%) and Pectolyase (0.025%) in 0.6 M mannitol containing 6 mM CaCl2 2H2O. These protoplasts regenerate new cell walls within 48 hours when cultured on modified Gamborg B-5 medium. ...
- Lovitt, R. W.; Morris, J. G.; Kell, D. B.
- Journal of applied microbiology 1987 v.62 no.1 pp. 71-80
- culture media, etc ; Clostridium sporogenes; amino acids; energy; fatty acids; glucose; microbiology; nutrition; physiology; vitamins; Show all 10 Subjects
- ... Various defined and minimal media are described for the growth of Clostridium sporogenes NCIB 8053. The organism requires 10 amino acids and one vitamin for growth, whilst three other vitamins are growth stimulatory. LâÎ±âhydroxy acid analogues can replace eight, and fatty acid analogues four, of these amino acids. The organism may generate free energy by a variety of Stickland reactions. Most ...
- Pederson, G. A.
- Crop science 1986 v.26 no.6 pp. 1248-1249
- culture media, etc ; growth retardation; inhibitors; Trifolium repens; Festuca arundinacea; seed germination; allelopathy; plant extracts; leaves; agar; roots; length; Show all 12 Subjects
- ... Studies of allelopathic effects on germination have commonly used filter paper moistened with plant extracts as a germination medium. In our laboratory, this method gave inconsistent results due to nonuniform wetting or localized swelling of the paper. The objective of this study was to develop a method using agar as the germination medium to test ‘Star’ and ‘Tillman’ white clover (L.) for germina ...