Jump to Main Content
- Gerdes, Gisela; Watermann, Frank
- TheHolocene 2003 v.13 no.3 pp. 423-432
- hinterland, etc ; Bacillariophyceae; Retaria; brackish water; euryhaline species; lifestyle; littoral zone; microfossils; peat; sea level; Germany; Show all 11 Subjects
- ... To study responses of the depositional environments to Holocene sea-level rise, high-resolution analyses of diatoms, foraminifera and Ca:Sr ratios of two boreholes were performed. The diatoms were differentiated according to pelagic and littoral (benthic) lifestyles, and classified following oligohalobous, mesohalobous or polyhalobous attributes. The foraminifera were grouped into brackish-water a ...
- Amundala Drazo, Nicaise; Kennis, Jan; Leirs, Herwig; Migimiru, Dudu Akaibe
- Mammalia 2008 v.72 no.3 pp. 192-197
- hinterland, etc ; Rattus rattus; Thryonomys; buildings; cassava; chemical control; color; corn; crop damage; crops; developmental stages; farmers; food availability; grain storage facilities; households; ingestion; languages; pests; photographs; questionnaires; rats; rice; rodent control; sugarcane; surveys; trapping; tubers; Democratic Republic of the Congo; Show all 28 Subjects
- ... We conducted a survey on rodent crop damage among farmers in the hinterland of Kisangani (Democratic Republic of Congo). We studied the amount of crop damage, the rodent groups causing crop damage, the growth stages affected and the control techniques used. We conducted this survey in three municipalities using a standard questionnaire form translated into local languages, between November 2005 an ...