Jump to Main Content
- Wesley, I.V.; Baetz, A.L.
- Poultry science 1999 v.78 no.4 pp. 536-545
- Arcobacter butzleri, etc ; infection; chickens; bacteria; chicks; poults; Campylobacter jejuni; liver; spleen; small intestine; large intestine; cloaca; mortality; strain differences; foodborne illness; colonizing ability; biological resistance; Show all 17 Subjects
- ... Arcobacter butzleri causes human enteritis and is frequently recovered from poultry carcasses. The purpose of this study was to determine 1) the natural distribution of A. butzleri in poultry and 2) its relative pathogenicity in experimentally infected poultry. Cloacal samples (n = 407) were collected on four occasions from three flocks of chickens. Overall, Arcobacter spp. were recovered from 15% ...
- Ridsdale, J.A.; Atabay, H.I.; Corry, J.E.L.
- Journal of applied microbiology 1998 v.85 no.3 pp. 567-573
- Arcobacter cryaerophilus, etc ; Campylobacter coli; agar; bacteria; blood; cecum; cefoperazone; cellulose acetate; charcoal; culture media; deoxycholic acid; ducks; filtration; flocks; polyacrylamide gel electrophoresis; porosity; poultry carcasses; proteins; slaughterhouses; Show all 19 Subjects
- ... Ten duck carcasses, five from each of two different flocks, and four pairs of pooled duck caecal contents, each pair from a separate flock, were examined by a variety of techniques for arcobacters and campylobacters. Campylobacter coli, C. jejuni ssp. jejuni, C. upsaliensis, Arcobacter cryaerophilus and A. butzleri were isolated from duck caecal contents. Campylobacter coli, C. jejuni ssp. jejuni, ...
- Behling, Robert G.; Eifert, Joseph; Erickson, Marilyn C.; Gurtler, Joshua B.; Kornacki, Jeffrey L.; Line, Erick; Radcliff, Roy; Ryser, Elliot T.; Stawick, Bradley; Yan, Zhinong
- Arcobacter, etc ; Cronobacter sakazakii; food industry; food processing; emerging diseases; food pathogens; bacterial contamination; toxigenic strains; invasive species; Salmonella; Listeria monocytogenes; Campylobacter; Mycobacterium avium subsp. paratuberculosis; economic impact; Show all 14 Subjects