Jump to Main Content
- Baskaran, Krishnapillay, et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Ecology 1996 v.77 no.2 pp. 568-580
- Dryobalanops aromatica; Endospermum; Hopea; Parkia; Shorea; Sindora; analysis of variance; canopy; forest trees; internodes; leaf area; light intensity; petioles; seedlings; shade; shade tolerance; tropical rain forests
- ... Plant developmental responses to shade are the combination of reductions in photosynthetic photon flux density (PPFD) and changes in spectral quality (reductions in the quantum ratio of red to far—red band widths, R:FR). We studied the seedling development of six Asian tropical rain forest trees, Dryobalanops aromatica, Endospermum malaccense, Hopea wightiana, Parkia javanica, Shorea singkawang, a ...
- Baskaran, K., et al. Show all 4 Authors
- Entomologia experimentalis et applicata 1984 v.36 no.1 pp. 61-68
- Bombyx mori; Spirulina; digestive system; larvae; leaf protein; leaves; mulberries; pupae; silkworms; single cell protein
- ... Final-instar larvae of Bombyx mori fed mulberry leaves, supplemented with Spirulina fusiformis (Woronichin) as a source of single cell protein (SCP), required 6 days to attain a maximum larval weight of 2090 mg; control group larvae needed 9 days to attain a final larval weight of 1470 mg. Quantity of feeding, assimilation and conversion efficiencies increased substantially in the SCP-fed group. S ...