Jump to Main Content
- Wardrop, K. J.; Baszler, T. V.; Reilich, E.; Crawford, T. B.
- biopsy, etc ; Equine infectious anemia virus; animal pathology; bone marrow; foals; ilium; megakaryocytes; morphometry; necropsy; severe combined immunodeficiency; thrombocytopenia; Show all 11 Subjects
- ... Morphometric evaluation of bone marrow core biopsies was used to determine megakaryocyte (MK) numbers and MK size in nine foals with equine infectious anemia virus (EIAV)-induced thrombocytopenia. Both immunocompetent normal foals and foals with severe combined immunodeficiency (SCID) were used. Platelet counts were made three times weekly following viral infection. Bone marrow core biopsies were ...
- KING, W. W.; LEMARIÃ, S. L.; VEAZEY, R. S.; HODGIN, E. C.
- Veterinary dermatology 1996 v.7 no.1 pp. 43-47
- biopsy, etc ; Cocos; Gram-negative bacteria; abdomen; case studies; coagulation; dermatitis; dermis; ferrets; necrosis; pyoderma; sons; thighs; veterinary medicine; Show all 14 Subjects
- ... Abstract A case report of an 8âmonthâold ferret with severe ulcerative dermatitis of the ventral abdomen and medial thigh regions is presented. Cutaneous biopsies of the periphery of the ulcerative lesions revealed large, confluent, superficial epidermal pustules containing inflammatory cellular debris and Gramâpositive cocci, as well as perifollicular dermal necrosis. These histological fin ...
- Marks, Stanley L.; Moore, Peter F.; Taylor, Debra W.; Munn, Robert J.
- Journal of veterinary internal medicine 1995 v.9 no.1 pp. 50-54
- biopsy, etc ; CD29 antigen; T-lymphocytes; antibodies; antiserum; bone marrow; dogs; electrophoresis; immunoglobulin A; immunoglobulin M; major histocompatibility complex; medicine; myeloma; plasma cells; prednisone; rough endoplasmic reticulum; spaying; urine; Show all 18 Subjects
- ... A 12‐year‐old, female spayed Chihuahua was diagnosed with nonsecretory multiple myeloma on the basis of multiple osteolytic lesions, histological evidence of plasma cell infiltrate on a bone biopsy, and absence of a monoclonal protein on serum and urine electrophoresis. A 6‐week course of prednisone therapy resulted in no clinical improvement and the dog was euthanized 2 weeks after presentation b ...