Jump to Main Content
- Guarino, Marcella, et al. Show all 6 Authors
- Computers and electronics in agriculture 2009 v.69 no.1 pp. 80-85
- respiratory tract diseases; swine; swine diseases; cough; sounds; pathological processes and conditions; monitoring; needs assessment; data analysis
- ... The objective of this paper is to assess if the dynamics in the energy envelope of pig cough sounds are related to pathological conditions of the respiratory system. Two groups of pigs are compared. The first group, the sick pigs, is suffering from pneumonia by infection of Pasteurella Multocida. The second group, the control group, consists of healthy pigs which produced induced coughs by nebulis ...
- Guarino, Marcella, et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Computers and electronics in agriculture 2008 v.64 no.2 pp. 318-325
- cough; disease detection; respiratory tract diseases; swine; recording equipment; sounds; swine diseases; swine housing; algorithms; automatic detection; acoustics
- ... Cough sound detection is a central element to diagnose common respiratory diseases like pneumonia in intensive pig farming. The aim of this work is the description of acoustic features of cough sounds originating from a lung infection and the comparison between these kind of cough sounds with those provoked by inhalation of citric acid. Coughs have been recorded from infected animals in field cond ...