Jump to Main Content
- Dietrich, Christopher H., et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Systematic entomology 2004 v.29 no.4 pp. 441-454
- Hemiptera; Membracidae; adults; data collection; monophyly; mutualism; nucleotides; nymphs; paraphyly; polyphyly; ribosomal DNA; trees
- ... Recent independent phylogenetic analyses of membracid relationships based on molecular and morphological data have identified monophyletic lineages within the family. However, the results of these studies have not fully resolved treehopper phylogeny, and relationships among some higher membracid lineages remain in doubt. Portions of three datasets (958 aligned nucleotides from elongation factor‐1α ...
- DIETRICH, CHRISTOPHER H., et al. Show all 3 Authors
- Systematic entomology 1991 v.16 no.3 pp. 311-318
- Membracidae; females; males; morphometry; sibling species
- ... Keys to species of auchenorrhynchous Homoptera are often based on male features, leaving no means for identifying females other than association with males. As a possible solution to this problem, we examined the use of linear discriminant functions derived from morphometric data (ten linear measurements among homologous body landmarks) for distinguishing females in two groups of sibling species i ...