Jump to Main Content
- Ríos-Mendoza, L. M., et al. Show all 6 Authors
- Archives of environmental contamination and toxicology 2008 v.55 no.2 pp. 218-228
- Zostera marina; coasts; evaporation; grazing; metals; mining; salts; sediments; trace elements; turtles; whales; California; Mexico
- ... San Ignacio and Ojo de Liebre lagoons in central Baja California, Mexico are nursery and grazing grounds for whales and turtles. Ojo de Liebre Lagoon also supports a salt mine operation. By concentrating trace metals via evaporation, this activity might harm biota. Consequently, salt mining might be incompatible with the lagoon's ecological role. Eelgrass can incorporate these elements and reroute ...
- Tavera-Mendoza, L., et al. Show all 6 Authors
- Environmental toxicology and chemistry 2002 v.21 no.3 pp. 527-531
- Xenopus laevis; atrazine; herbicides; toxicity; testes; sexual development; biological development; larvae; spermatogonia
- ... Xenopus laevis tadpoles were exposed for 48 h during sexual differentiation to atrazine at 21 microgram/L under static laboratory conditions at 21 +/- 0.5 degrees C. After this exposure period, tadpoles were fixed and the kidney-gonad complex was microdissected. Quantitative histological analysis of the gonad revealed a 57% reduction in testicular volume among atrazine-exposed tadpoles. In additio ...
- Romero Mendoza, L., et al. Show all 8 Authors
- Heredity 2003 v.91 no.6 pp. 565-569
- cattle; zebu; Bos javanicus; bison; interspecific hybridization; hybrids; cattle breeds; genetic markers; sex linkage; Y chromosome; genes; paternal effect; restriction fragment length polymorphism; polymerase chain reaction