Jump to Main Content
- Moorman, T.B.; Jaynes, D.B.; Jayachandran, K.; Miller, J.; Cambardella, C.A.; Hatfield, J.L.
- Mollisols, etc ; atrazine; leaching; runoff; sorption; adsorption; glacial till; topography; landforms; biodegradation; tile drainage; subsurface drainage; drainage water; subsurface layers; physiographic soil types; Iowa; Show all 16 Subjects
- ... The landscape of central Iowa, USA, is characterized by low ridges surrounding closed depressions (potholes), which are often drained by subsurface tiles. The distribution of atrazine in soil and water at a field site was studied and the factors which control movement into tile drain and shallow groundwater were investigated. Runoff moved atrazine and water into the two potholes of the study area, ...
- Johnson, Jane M.F.; Barbour, Nancy W.
- Mollisols, etc ; corn stover; agricultural soils; bioenergy; crop residue management; crop yield; corn; Zea mays; Glycine max; soybeans; carbon dioxide; nitrous oxide; methane; greenhouse gases; gas emissions; biomass; glacial till soils; Minnesota; Show all 18 Subjects
- ... Producing clean renewable energy and reducing climate change are important and interrelated issues. Corn stover is targeted as a potential non-food bioenergy feedstock, especially in the Midwest United States. Crop residue management impacts soil water and temperature dynamics, which in turn can impact many soil processes. Stover harvest is expected to reduce soil cover and has the potential to re ...