Jump to Main Content
- Chen, You-Peng, et al. Show all 9 Authors
- Biosensors & bioelectronics 2012 v.35 no.1 pp. 115-122
- biosensors; dopamine; electrochemistry; electrodes; gold; manufacturing; scanning electron microscopy
- ... One big challenge of fabricating nanosensors for spatially resolved electrochemical detection of neurochemicals, such as dopamine (DA), is the difficulty to assembly nanometer-scale patternable and integrated sensors. In this work we develop a novel approach to precisely manufacture nano-Au-electrode (NAE) using lithographic fabrication technique, and characterize the NAE for DA detection. A negat ...
- Chen, You-Peng, et al. Show all 13 Authors
- Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences of the United States of America 2012 v.109 no.28 pp. 11324-11329
- fluorescence microscopy; genetic variation; gestational diabetes; glucose tolerance; glycemic control; glycosylation; hemoglobin; hypomagnesemia; insulin; insulin resistance; magnesium; noninsulin-dependent diabetes mellitus; phosphatidylinositol 3-kinase; pregnancy; pregnant women; risk factors; signal transduction; single nucleotide polymorphism
- ... Hypomagnesemia affects insulin resistance and is a risk factor for diabetes mellitus type 2 (DM2) and gestational diabetes mellitus (GDM). Two single nucleotide polymorphisms (SNPs) in the epithelial magnesium channel TRPM6 (V ¹³⁹³I, K ¹⁵⁸⁴E) were predicted to confer susceptibility for DM2. Here, we show using patch clamp analysis and total internal reflection fluorescence microscopy, that insulin ...
- PubMed Central:
- Chen, You-Peng, et al. Show all 14 Authors
- Biosensors & bioelectronics 2011 v.26 no.6 pp. 2841-2846
- Shewanella oneidensis; biofilm; biosensors; electrochemistry; electrodes; energy; gold; microbial fuel cells
- ... Recently microbial fuel cells (MFCs) have attracted increasing interests in both environmental and energy fields. Among the various MFC configurations, miniature microbial fuel cell (mini-MFC) has a great potential for the application in medical, communication and other areas because of its miniature volume and high output power density. In this work, a 25-μL single-chamber mini-MFC was fabricated ...