Jump to Main Content
- Martinez, Cristina, et al. Show all 12 Authors
- The plant cell 2010 v.22 no.11 pp. 3634-3649
- Arabidopsis thaliana; DNA-binding domains; binding sites; far-red light; photoreceptors; phytochrome; transcription factors
- ... Phytochrome A (phyA) is the primary photoreceptor responsible for perceiving and mediating various responses to far-red light in Arabidopsis thaliana. FAR-RED ELONGATED HYPOCOTYL1 (FHY1) and its homolog FHY1-LIKE (FHL) are two small plant-specific proteins essential for light-regulated phyA nuclear accumulation and subsequent phyA signaling processes. FHY3 and its homolog FAR-RED IMPAIRED RESPONSE ...
- PubMed Central:
- Martínez, Cristina, et al. Show all 11 Authors
- Plant journal 2008 v.53 no.2 pp. 324-335
- Arabidopsis; etiolation; gibberellins; hormonal regulation; hypocotyls; mutants; phenotype; photomorphogenesis; phytochrome; proteolysis; seed germination; seedlings; signal transduction; transcription factors; ubiquitin-protein ligase
- ... In many plants, photomorphogenesis is the default developmental program after seed germination, and provides the key features that allow adaptation to light. This program is actively repressed if germination occurs in the absence of light, through a mechanism dependent on the E3 ubiquitin ligase activity that is encoded in Arabidopsis by COP1 (CONSTITUTIVE PHOTOMORPHOGENIC 1), which induces proteo ...