Jump to Main Content
- Parmenter, Robert R.; Kreutzian, Melissa; Moore, Douglas I.; Lightfoot, David C.
- Environmental entomology 2011 v.40 no.5 pp. 1051-1066
- Scolopendra, etc ; Ageneotettix deorum; Araneae; Aulocara; Carabidae; Cicindela; Eleodes; Gryllidae; Lithobiidae; Melanoplus; Polyphagidae; Scorpiones; arthropod communities; arthropods; conservation areas; fuel loading; grasshoppers; grasslands; growing season; habitats; pitfall traps; predators; sand; wildfires; wood; New Mexico; Show all 26 Subjects
- ... Surface-active arthropods were sampled after a lightning-caused wildfire in desert grassland habitat on the Sevilleta National Wildlife Refuge, Socorro County, NM. Pitfall traps (n = 32 per treatment) were used to evaluate species-specific "activity-density" indices after the June wildfire in both burned and unburned areas. In total, 5,302 individuals were collected from 69 taxa. Herbivore activit ...
- Wu, Yanling; Li, Junyun; Wang, Jusu; Si, Qiuju; Zhang, Jianping; Jiang, Ye; Chu, Li
- Journal of ethnopharmacology 2009 v.122 no.3 pp. 509-516
- Scolopendra, etc ; animal proteins; medicinal properties; rats; diet; atherosclerosis; animal disease models; dose response; nitric oxide; endothelins; malondialdehyde; superoxide dismutase; Oriental traditional medicine; aorta; liver; cholesterol; triacylglycerols; low density lipoprotein; high density lipoprotein; rheological properties; lipid peroxidation; atherogenesis; China; Show all 23 Subjects
- ... Aim of the study: To investigate the effects of centipede acidic protein (CAP) on atherosclerotic rats and the mechanisms involved. Materials and methods: Male Sprague-Dawley rats were randomly divided into five groups: control, atherosclerotic, low-dose CAP (L-CAP), high-dose CAP (H-CAP) and simvastatin group (n =12 in each group). Atherosclerotic model was established by a single dose of vitamin ...
- Pinna, W.; Nieddu, G.; Moniello, G.; Cappai, M.G.
- Journal of animal physiology and animal nutrition 2007 v.91 no.5-6 pp. 252-255
- Scolopendra, etc ; Agriotes lineatus; Allium; Apodemus sylvaticus; Arbutus unedo; Arisarum; Avena fatua; Avena sativa; Castanea sativa; Ceratonia siliqua; Cichorium intybus; Crematogaster; Forficula auricularia; Helix aspersa; Hordeum; Juniperus oxycedrus; Lumbricus terrestris; Myrtus communis; Olea; Pistacia lentiscus; Quercus; Rhamnus; Sus scrofa; Triticum turgidum subsp. durum; Zea; birds; diet; feathers; foods; hairs; insects; larvae; pH; researchers; sheep; stomach; vegetables; wild boars; Sardinia; Show all 39 Subjects
- ... Authors report results emerging from gastric content analysis from n. 96 wild boars hunted in Sardinia isle, during the hunting tide (2001-2005), from November to January. Mean pH of the gastric content was 3.77 ± 0.69. Mean total capacity (TC) of each stomach was 1702 ± 680 g. Mean Stuff ratio (CW/TC) between the content weight (CW) and stomachs TC was 0.45. Food categories found in animal stomac ...