Jump to Main Content
- Linares, Cristina, et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Ecology 2007 v.88 no.4 pp. 918-928
- Anthozoa; corals; mortality; life history; longevity; threatened species; simulation models; population dynamics; animal reproduction; population growth; extinction; anthropogenic activities; fecundity; population structure; stochastic processes; Mediterranean Sea
- ... The red gorgonian Paramuricea clavata is a long‐lived, slow‐growing sessile invertebrate of ecological and conservation importance in the northwestern Mediterranean Sea. We develop a series of size‐based matrix models for two Paramuricea clavata populations. These models were used to estimate basic life history traits for this species and to evaluate the viability of the red gorgonian populations ...
- Linares, Cristina, et al. Show all 6 Authors
- Marine biology 2006 v.149 no.3 pp. 643-651
- Paramuricea clavata; carbohydrates; diet; females; gonads; lipid content; lipids; males; organic matter; proteins; reproductive performance; spring; suspension feeding; temporal variation
- ... Temporal variations in protein, carbohydrate, and lipid levels were studied in a passive suspension feeder, the gorgonian Paramuricea clavata. The samples were collected every month for mature and immature colonies over a three-year period (1997–2000). The relationship between biochemical composition and reproductive output was examined on the basis of the 1998 and 1999 data. In female and male P. ...
- Linares, Cristina, et al. Show all 14 Authors
- Environment international 2011 v.37 no.2 pp. 342-348
- United States Environmental Protection Agency; air; air pollution; air quality; chronic exposure; cities; ecosystem services; emissions; epidemiological studies; exposure assessment; inventories; issues and policy; lung neoplasms; mortality; pollutants; pollution control; simulation models; Balearic Islands; Iberian Peninsula; Spain; United States
- ... BACKGROUND: Health effects linked to exposure to high air pollutant levels have been described in depth, and many recent epidemiologic studies have also consistently reported positive associations between exposure to air pollutants at low concentrations (particularly PM₂.₅) and adverse health outcomes. OBJECTIVE: To estimate the number of avoidable deaths associated with reducing PM₂.₅ levels in S ...