Jump to Main Content
- Cameron, Andrew D.S.; Redfield, Rosemary J.
- Nucleic acids research 2006 v.34 no.20 pp. 6001-6014
- Xanthomonadaceae, etc ; DNA; Escherichia coli; Haemophilus influenzae; Pseudomonadaceae; Vibrionaceae; binding sites; cyclic AMP; gene induction; messenger RNA; phylogeny; promoter regions; regulon; transcription (genetics); transcription factors; Show all 15 Subjects
- ... Escherichia coli's cAMP receptor protein (CRP), the archetypal bacterial transcription factor, regulates over a hundred promoters by binding 22 bp symmetrical sites with the consensus core half-site TGTGA. However, Haemophilus influenzae has two types of CRP sites, one like E.coli's and one with the core sequence TGCGA that regulates genes required for DNA uptake (natural competence). Only the lat ...
- PubMed Central:
- Gardner, Terrence; Acosta-Martinez, V.; Senwo, Zachary; Dowd, Scot E.
- Diversity 2011 v.3 no.3 pp. 308-328
- Xanthomonadaceae, etc ; Acidobacteriaceae; Allium cepa; Brassica oleracea var. botrytis; Festuca arundinacea; Flavobacteriaceae; Hyphomicrobiaceae; Lactuca sativa; Rhizobiaceae; Solanum tuberosum; Sphingobacteriia; biogeochemical cycles; broccoli; community structure; enzyme activity; farms; fatty acid methyl esters; fungi; grasses; lettuce; microbial biomass; microbial communities; nutritive value; onions; organic production; pasture plants; pastures; potatoes; rhizosphere; sequence analysis; silt loam soils; soil depth; soil microorganisms; soil quality; Alabama; Show all 35 Subjects
- ... Evaluation of the soil rhizosphere has been limited by the lack of robust assessments that can explore the vast complex structure and diversity of soil microbial communities. Our objective was to combine fatty acid methyl ester (FAME) and pyrosequencing techniques to evaluate soil microbial community structure and diversity. In addition, we evaluated biogeochemical functionality of the microbial c ...